3300 Family Of Engines
Description of Change: New camshafts with harder cam lobes, improved heat treat processing, and a larger diameter between No. 1 and No. 2 bearing journals are used in the 3300 Family Of Engines. The new camshafts have more resistance to lobe pitting and torsional vibration.
Adaptable To: The new camshafts with all three improvements are effective as follows:
- 3306B Industrial Engine-64Z4626, 7JB1847
- 3306B Marine Engine-84Z893
- 3306B Generator Set Engine-85Z2637, 5KD398
- 3304B Industrial Engine-10E1710, 4XB362
- 3304B Marine Engine-13E742
- 3304B Generator Set Engine-83Z3131, 3TC884
The improved camshafts can be installed in all earlier engines in the 3300 Family. If the new camshafts are installed, use a complete set of new lifters and coat the shaft lobes with the special cam lubricant. Used lifters probably will not have the same service life as the new camshaft, resulting in additional repairs and downtime. For this reason, the applicable camshaft kit listed in the chart should be used when a new shaft is installed.